Sanitarium Magazine Submission Guidelines:
Sanitarium Press are looking for the best new horror writers out there, who are looking for exposure. Sure we all want to be the next Stephen King or James Herbert. Hey and guess what, short stories is where everyone starts, now its your turn. First off the rules of submissions:
What we are looking for at Sanitarium Magazine:
- The best horror you can write in 10,000 words or less.
- The imagination is the key – remember that, if it sticks in your head or gets under your skin as you try to sleep at night – we want to read it.
- We are after stories that capture the reader. Any time, place or theme
- We ARE open for articles including (News, Reviews, Previews, Interviews etc)
What we are not looking for at Sanitarium Magazine:
- No child molestation or alluding to
- No rape or torture stories
- No Necrophilia
- No erotica, sex is ok, but not on every page.
- No fan fiction or anything that is not your own creation
- It must have a beginning, middle and end – no excerpts from longer pieces.
- Less or equal to 10,000 words (I know its been said a few time but some people…)
- Formatting and proofreading is a must, we will not do your work for you. If you are selected some formatting may take place but overall it is up to you. If you need help on formatting we can offer this service for a fee.
- We will only take submissions through the correct means, register, log in and follow the form.
- DOC / DOCX or RTF only, this will speed up the reading process
- Sorry but English language only, if you need to put Latin in for the sake of the story make footnotes!
- Only one submission at a time, if you have multiple stories then follow the procedure for each submission.
- Please tell us if a submission has been picked up by someone else, if you have sent to other publishers.
- In some cases some small editing will take place, but if there is anything major that we feel is needed we will contact you before hand.
- Please make sure your submissions have Font Size 12, Times New Roman and have your details on the cover sheet. (http://graemeshimmin.com/manuscript-format-for-novel-submission/)
- Payment per item published will be $5 (PayPal or Amazon Voucher)
- Any monies raised by advertising WILL be used to pay writers, once all costs have been covered– we want to be fair.
- Further issues will get a payment per piece that will be defined at a later date.
By agreeing to the above, any work submitted and published by Sanitarium Press. Will be subject to First Worldwide Electronic Rights and First Serial Rights. Please be aware that if your work is accepted and you wish to submit it at a later date to another publication, this may be seen as a reprint and may shorten your odds of getting it published. By submitting your work to us, shows you understand this.
Thank you for taking the time to read our guidelines and we look forward to reading your work.
The Sanitarium Team.